Deer Pest Control Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell
The deer is also known as (Cervidae) Several deer species are living in the UK, but only two species can commonly cause damage. These are the Roe (Capreolus Capreolus), and the Muntjac (Muntiacus Reevesi) both species are increasing in numbers leading to an increase in complaints of damage in various situations.
The Problems Deer Can Cause
Too many deer herds can cause many problems, mainly the loss of Agricultural and Domestic plants and the damage to Crops and Forestry. There is also the fact that there are many collisions with motorists and that they can cause health problems such as Lyme disease.
Deer Control Methods
- Culling of deer in a Suburban Situation is a viable solution.
- Chemical Repellents can be used, but the effect is usually only temporary, and the substance will often need frequent application.
Prevention Of Future Deer Damage
- Electric Fencing - Fences can be employed, but Roe deer are not easily deterred, the effect of these can quickly diminish so should only be seen as a short term solution.
- Tree Guards or shelters - These are usually more economical than fencing in small plantations.
- Permanent Fencing - Typically fencing for Roe and Muntjac should be at least 1.5 metres high with no gaps on the ground level as they can squeeze through these.