Flea Fumigation Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell
One Stop Pest Control provides flea fumigation and extermination services across Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Newport Pagnell & Buckinghamshire at cost-effective rates. Our flea fumigators are appropriately trained and insured professionals capable of exterminating flea infestations in a fast and efficient manner and at cost-effective prices.
There are three different types of fleas; you have the Human Flea (Pulex Irritans) the Cat Flea (Ctenocephalide Felis) and the Dog Flea Ctenocephalide Canis). All adult fleas are flightless insects and are around 3 mm in size. They vary in colour from greyish through to dark mahogany. Their mouthparts are well adapted to sucking blood from their hosts be it human or animal. The adult flea is parasitic whereas the larvae are not. The larvae live on dust, fluff dead skin and feathers.
Fleas Leave A Few Signs Of Their presence
- You will be able to see them in cracks in floorboards and the seams and tucks of mattresses.
- If your pet is scratching excessively and biting itself.
- Reddened skin and hair loss patches.
Problems Flea's May Cause
- Although it's not implicated that fleas carry disease, the dog flea is an intermediate host of tapeworm.
- Irritation from intense itching and scratching caused by flea bites.
- Possible hair loss from continuous biting.
- Can cause Dermatitis, a general and unpleasant skin condition which is caused by an allergy to flea saliva.
- Anaemia in Puppies and Kittens.
Flea Control Methods We Use
- Fumigation with effective pesticides
- Several of Residual products are available for the treatment of both pets and humans.
- Cleaning your home a crucial step to eradicating a flea problem, making sure you vacuum, sweep and mop thoroughly to help get eggs, larvae and pupae out of carpets, upholstery, tile and wood floors.
Tips to Prevent Future Flea Infestation
- Make sure you wash all bedding as Human and pet fleas love to nest in the same place to continue feeding. Also, clean and sterilise or discard all pet toys as they will hide in these.
- After treating your home keep your pets on flea preventatives to keep them at bay.
- Spray your garden with virbac yard spray or sentry yard and previse spray concentrate, making sure you spray all bushes and shady areas. This will stop pets bringing in fleas from the outside.