Rat Pest Control Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell
Our locally based pest control company provides rat control, removal and extermination services to commercial and domestic customers in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell at cost effective prices to the local community which includes restraints and food preparation installations where proper food hygiene is imperative to the nature of the business.
There are two types of rats, Rattus Norvegicus, also known as the brown or common rat and Raltus Rattus also known as the Black Rat. They are medium-sized long-tailed rodents in the Superfamily Muroidea of rodents.
Rats leave many signs of their presence in an area; these include:
- Rat Droppings - Dark brown in colour in a tapered, spindle shape similar to a grain of rice.
- Rub Marks - Dirt and grease from their bodies leave smudges on surfaces.
- Scratching Noises - Rats are agile climbers and are often found in lofts hence the scratching noises at night.
- Rat Holes - Rats are known to dig extensive burrow systems for shelter, food, storage and nesting.
- Rat nests - They will shred any available soft materials to make their nests, from tissue to cardboard to bedding.
- Footprints - Rats leave footprints and tail marks in dusty, less used areas in buildings.
Our pest control experts can quickly identify the signs of rats and offer guaranteed removal of the vermin.
The Damage Rats Can Cause
Economic Damage - To food goods and to structure.
Rat Bites and Scratches - These can result in many diseases and fevers to humans and livestock.
Rat Urine - This can be responsible for the spread of Leptospirosis which can end up causing Liver and Kidney damage, and inhalation can cause Liver Failure as well as Cardiovascular problems.
Rat Droppings - These can cause Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome which is a severe respiratory disease that I transmitted by infected rodents.
Breeding - A female rat can mate 500 times within a six hours around 15 times a year and can produce as many as 2000 offspring.
Rat Control Methods We May Use
Snap Trap - The most Humane way to trap rats.
Glue Trap - these are made up of plastic or cardboard, coated with a strong adhesive designed to trap the rat.
Electronic Trap - This kills rats using a high voltage shock. The bait is placed at the back wall of the trap which in hand lures the rat onto the metal plates.
Fumigation/Gassing - Using either Talunex or Phostoxin, the tablets liberate the gas on contact with moisture in the soil or the air, the gas unable to escape due to the blocked entrance builds up in the burrow system killing the rats.
Chemosterilant - These are chemicals that induce permanent or temporary sterility in all parts of a rodent population. If they are sterile, they will die out.
Repellents - These are chemicals that rodents find incredibly distasteful, you place them on the commodity’s they tend to damage.
Electromagnets - These are units that produce electromagnet waves; these affect the rodents so much that they can cease feeding and reproducing and even make them leave.
Prevention Of Future Rat Damage & Infestations
Once we have eliminated your rat infestation, we recommend that our customers follow some simple steps to prevent rats from returning.
- Be careful how you store your food; keep it in sealed containers where possible.
- Clean up your spillage or crumbs and keep your bin lids on tight not leaving bags of rubbish lying around.
- Since rats need a reliable source of water make sure your pipes or faucets have no leaks.
- Rat Repellents, for example; Mothballs, peppermint, sound machines, ammonia or strobing light machine.
If you would like some more information or a free price quotation for rat pest control and removal services near you in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell or the surrounding areas, we cover, please contact us today.