Snake Removal Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell
One Stop Pest Control can quickly remove any snakes found on your property in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Newport Pagnell and release them in a non-residential environment.
There are three species of snakes that you may encounter in the UK. There is the Adder (Common Viper) the Smooth Snake and the Grass Snake. Most British snakes are harmless except the adder which may bite. For your safety and the snakes never touch them and try not to be alarmed. It is rare to see snakes, but if you do spot any, it will usually be between July and September when they are most active.
Signs Of The Presence Of Snakes
Shed Skins - Grass snakes and Adders tend to shed their skins soon after emerging from hibernation.
Winding Trails - You will possibly find these on light dirt or sandy surfaces particularly across woody vegetation and moorland.
You will generally find snakes in places such as garden features, sunny areas, high grassed areas hedges, ponds and compost heaps.
The Problems Snakes Can Cause
Snakes do not pose a risk to your property unlike other more common pests but do still carry risks to people and pets.
- 92% of snakes carry salmonella Bacteria.
- Bites from Adders, These won't kill you but can cause nausea and drowsiness followed by severe swelling and bruising.
Control Methods For Snakes
UK snakes are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981; it is illegal to kill or injure these snakes. We take all precautions required and safely remove them from your property then release them to the appropriate environment or habitat.
Prevention Of Snakes
- Mow your grass regularly to keep it short.
- Remove low growing plants and shrubs that provide cover.
- Remove rookeries, debris, wood or log piles and keep compost heaps in a sealed bin.
- Fill in holes that they can hide in for example, under sheds, patios and walls.
- Putting close fitting fences or walls around ponds can be a deterrent.